Illinois Vaccinates Against COVID-19 (I-VAC)
ICAAP is collaborating with the Extension for Community Health Outcomes (ECHO) Chicago and the Illinois Academy of Family Physicians (IAFP) to implement a statewide program called I-VAC. The goal of I-VAC is to ensure Illinoisans are being immunized at every opportunity and providers are prepared to immunize additional age-groups and special at-risk populations. Providers and provider organizations in Illinois are invited to participate in I-VAC which entails:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Bootcamps: Web-based and offered live once a week for four weeks. The first cohort will be held in November 2021 and new cohorts will be enrolled every other month. Topics will include:
- Foundational knowledge and skills related to COVID-19 vaccine administration and distribution (I-CARE, working with local health departments, etc.)
- Operational issues
- Handling and preparation of COVID-19 vaccines, including pediatric doses
- Post-vaccine process
- Implementing COVID-19 vaccine mandates in your workplace
- Strategies for overcoming vaccine hesitancy through culturally and linguistically appropriate methods
- How to use data to support vaccine uptake
- Learning Collaborative Sessions: Web-based, live drop-in weekly learning collaboratives will focus on practical issues of COVID-19 vaccine implementation, providing a forum for providers to engage with their peers around solving real-world barriers to COVID-19 vaccine implementation.
- Technical assistance, outreach materials, do-it-yourself toolkit for integrating COVID-19 vaccines into clinical workflows.
To sign up, please contact: Caroline Werenskjold