Pediatric health care providers play a significant role in helping to ensure children receive an annual flu vaccine. Every patient visit is an opportunity to promote and strengthen trust in the flu vaccine. Please use these resources to help increase flu vaccination rates in your community.
National Influenza Vaccination Week is December 5-9, 2022. This is a great time to remind everyone 6 months and older that a flu vaccine is the best way to protect against flu and there is still time to be vaccinated. This is especially important given the recent surge in respiratory viruses in Illinois.
Resources for Clinicians
- Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Influenza in Children, 2022-2023 (AAP)
- Technical Report: Recommendations for Prevention and Control of Influenza in Children, 2022-2023 (AAP)
- AAP flu recommendations allow for coadministration with COVID-19 vaccine (News Release)
- Make a Strong Flu Vaccine Recommendation (CDC)
- Preparing for Questions Parents May Ask about Vaccines (CDC)
- Six Things Doctors can do to Boost Flu Vaccination among Children (AMA)
- Toolkit for Health Care Professional Influenza Vaccination (ISMS)